Terms and Conditions
SDT International sa-nv & SDT North America Inc./Ltd. ("dba SDT Ultrasound Solutions") manufactures its hardware products from parts and components that are new or equivalent to new in accordance with industry-standard practices.
SDT Ultrasound Solutions warrants that the hardware products it manufactures will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. The lifetime limited warranty term begins on the date of product registration, as further described in the following text.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS ISSUED TO THE NAMED PERSON(S) AND COMPANY AS PROVIDED BY THE MANDATORY END USER REGISTRATION AND IS TRANSFERABLE BETWEEN USERS PENDING REGISTRATION OF PRODUCT(S) WITH SDT ULTRASOUND SOLUTIONS. CALIBRATION, INSPECTION AND UPDATE SERVICING MUST BE PERFORMED ANNUALLY OR THIS WARRANTY BECOMES VOID.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- any items that are in one or more of the following categories: damage due to shipping; software; accessories or parts added to a SDT system after the system is shipped from SDT or an authorized dealer, agent and/or representative;
- accessories or parts that are not installed in the SDT factory;
- products purchased through unauthorized SDT dealers, agents and/or representatives;
- external sensors, transmitters/emitters, accessories & spares that are not SDT branded or included in SDT's standard price list/catalog;
- cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- damage caused by accident, abuse, electrical input, misuse, fire, liquid contact, earthquake or other external cause;
- damage caused by service, including upgrades and expansions, performed by anyone who is not a representative of SDT Ultrasound Solutions or an SDT Authorized Service Provider;
- an SDT Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of SDT Ultrasound Solutions;
- any SDT product where the serial number has been removed or defaced; or if SDT receives information from relevant public authorities that the product has been stolen or if you cannot prove in any way that you are the authorized user of the product (e.g. by presenting proof of purchase);
- consumable parts such as protective coatings/casings; batteries for portable receivers and transmitters/emitters are covered only during the initial three (3) year period of this limited warranty.
- permanently mounted sensors and cables are covered for a three (3) year period from date of purchase; lifetime warranty will be extended for permanently mounted sensors if annual calibration servicing is performed.
Before receiving warranty service, SDT Ultrasound Solutions or its agents may require that you furnish proof of purchase details, respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow SDT Ultrasound Solutions procedures for obtaining warranty service. Before submitting your SDT product(s) for warranty service, you should maintain a separate backup copy of the contents of its storage media.
YOU SHOULD MAKE PERIODIC BACKUP COPIES OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SDT PRODUCT STORAGE MEDIA TO PROTECT THE CONTENTS AND AS A PRECAUTION AGAINST POSSIBLE OPERATIONAL FAILURES AND/OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA. SDT AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE STORAGE MEDIA.
IMPORTANT: Do not disassemble any SDT Product(s). Opening an SDT product may cause damage that is not covered by this Warranty. Only SDT Ultrasound Solutions or an SDT Authorized Service Provider may perform service on SDT products.
Warranty service may be obtained by contacting SDT Ultrasound Solutions or an SDT Authorized Service Provider using the information provided by your local SDT dealer, agent and/or representative. An SDT Ultrasound Solutions representative or SDT Authorized Service Provider will help determine whether your SDT product(s) requires service and, if it does, will inform you how SDT Ultrasound Solutions will provide it. When contacting SDT Ultrasound Solutions via telephone, other charges may apply depending on your location. SDT Ultrasound Solutions will provide warranty service through instructions provided to ship the product to SDT Ultrasound Solutions or an SDT Authorized Service Provider.
Following warranty service, your SDT product(s) and/or a replacement device will be returned to you as your SDT product was configured when originally purchased, subject to applicable updates. You may be responsible for reinstalling other surveys, readings or data/information. Recovery data and information are not covered under this warranty. If during the warranty period you submit a claim to SDT Ultrasound Solutions or an SDT Authorized Service Provider in accordance with this warranty, SDT Ultrasound Solutions will, at its option: repair the SDT product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability; replace the SDT product with the same model (or with your consent a product that has similar functionality) formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or; exchange the SDT product for a refund of your purchase price.
SDT Ultrasound Solutions reserves the right to change the method by which SDT may provide warranty service to you, and your SDT’s product’s eligibility to receive a particular method of service. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country and/or region. You are responsible for shipping and handling charges, additionally, the SDT product may not be able to be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges.
Where international service is available, SDT Ultrasound Solutions may repair or replace SDT products and parts with comparable SDT products and parts that comply with local standards. SDT Ultrasound Solutions guarantees replacement parts for a period of ten (10) years after the end of production for SDT products. Availability of parts is subject to change without notice.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION. SDT'S RESPONSIBILITY FOR MALFUNCTIONS AND DEFECTS IN HARDWARE IS LIMITED TO REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT AS SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LIMITED WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER SUCH PERIOD. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SDT DOES NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY BEYOND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR PRODUCTS NOT BEING AVAILABLE FOR USE OR FOR LOST DATA OR SOFTWARE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.