ISO CAT I Ultrasound Certification
From 12 to 15 June 2018 in the SDT offices in Brussels
SDT’s ISO CAT I Ultrasound Certification Training is an opportunity to work with and learn from some of the world’s most experienced ultrasound trainers and inspectors.
The 4 day course is an essential mix of theoretical knowledge and practical experience. Working from the Level 1 course guide, students are exposed to basic sound theory and how it is applied to the inspection disciplines demanded by an effective ultrasound program.
GOALS OF THIS COURSE:
- In accordance with ISO18436-3 and ISO18436-8 standards
- A mixture of classroom training and practical exercises
- Optional 2-hour Certification exam
- Understanding the principles of ultrasound as applied to predictive maintenance
- Gaining knowledge on generic ultrasound equipment such as airborne and structure-borne sensors and their functions
- Explore data acquisition and storage options
- Analysing and trending data, utilizing time signal analysis and setting up statistical decibel alarms
- In depth study of ultrasound applications; leak detection, bearing lubrication and monitoring, steam trap and valve inspection, electrical systems analysis, hydraulic inspections and more.
- Assess equipment to determine severity priorities.
- Recommendations on implementing an ultrasound program at your facility
COURSE CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must provide evidence of a minimum of 6 months’ practical work experience in the field of ultrasound condition monitoring and diagnostics.
Candidates must also provide evidence of passing a hearing test conducted by a licensed professional, which attest that the individual is capable of hearing a standard pure tone audiometry with results of an average of 25 dB hearing level or lower
Candidates must complete the training course, experience and hearing test requirements, and passed the certification exam with a score of 70% or more to be certified for CAT I Ultrasound Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics by MIBoC *
- Cost per Attendee (Certification exam included*): €1.600+VAT
- Payment terms; by wire transfer before the training.
* Certification Exam is provided by Mobius Institute Board of Certification (MIBoC) which is ISO/IEC 17024 accredited in accordance with ISO 18436-1
- The course and exam will be delivered in English.
- Maximum attendees is 12.
- In-house training is also possible for a class size of minimum 6 attendees.
- Registration of candidates requires processing by Mobius, so you are requested to confirm your booking no later than March 5th.
Tom Murphy - Corporate Training Manager