Tightness testing of hatch covers and on-board predictive maintenance program
Ultrasonic tightness testing offers a complete, global solution with unheard-of accuracy and reliability. Accuracy that has received Classification Society Type Approval.
Water-damaged cargo remains one of the most pressing problems for the industry as a whole. Owners, P&I Clubs and insurers are faced with several hundred million dollars of water damage claims a year, not counting missed deadlines and serious disruption to client operations.
Now ultrasonic tightness testing can dramatically improve the n° 1 cause for claims each year – simply, accurately and reliably!
SDT Sherlog range is custom-made for maritime applications
Ultrasound has a proven track record in the marine industry performing weather tightness testing on hatch covers. SDT’s Sherlog line of ultrasound detectors features tailor-made solutions for the marine industry, allowing you to face the challenges of modern shipping. Have confidence that your cargo is safe from the damage that seawater ingress can cause.
A global solution: instrument, training and certification
The Sherlog product range has kits that suit the needs of every operator
Whether you need a simple measuring device or would like to develop a complete type-approved tightness testing program, SDT has designed kits that meet your needs. See the details of each kit and the recommended users.
The benefits for you Predictive Maintenance Program:
Integrating the Sherlog SDT200 or SDT270 in a shipboard maintenance system aids in detecting potential problems at an early stage, long before other techniques. Ultrasound helps avoid costly downtime from sudden breakdowns, extending the in-service life of your ship borne equipment, enhancing reliability and safety. An ultrasonic condition monitoring program helps you to organize and plan maintenance tasks when and where they are needed most. The benefits of using the Sherlog SDT200 or SDT270 ultrasound detectors are significant to reducing your maintenance budget.
Ultrasound has many applications that save time, trouble and money:
- Bearing Monitoring – Monitor and maintain the health of your bearings.
- Bearing lubrication monitoring – Know when to grease and how much.
- Leak Detection – Find leaks in compressed air, vacuum, and gaseous fluid systems.
- Electrical Systems – Arcing, tracking, corona and partial discharge in electric systems.
- Steam Traps – Ensure that you’re steam traps are functioning, maintaining a clean steam system.
- Valve Monitoring – Secure your valves and identify failures.
- Condition Monitoring – Protect your ship against downtime with efficient and accurate condition monitoring.